Managing Domains and Resource Records
Domains and DNS records can be added, edited, and deleted from the Control panel.
Selectel offers its own DNS API for automating domain management and updating information on name servers. For information on our API, please see API Functions.
To add a domain, click Add domain. In the new window, enter the domain name and click Add domain.
To delete a domain, check the desired domain and click the Delete icon at the top of the list. You can select multiple domains at one time.
Please note: When adding DNS records, do not forget to enter the following NS records in your registry: ns1.selectel.org, ns2.selectel.org, ns3.selectel.org, ns4.selectel.org.
To add DNS records to a domain:
- Click the domain name from the list.
- In the open window, click Add record.
- Fill in the following fields: Type, Record name, and Value.
- Click Add.
DNS records can be edited or deleted from the record menu.
To edit a domain’s settings:
- Click the domain name and click Domain settings.
- Make your changes to the Email address or Negative caching time fields.
- Click Save.
A resource record is a record that maps a domain name and its information in the Domain Name System (DNS).
Please note that the domain must be delegated.
To add a resource record to a domain, from the Control panel:
- Go to the DNS Hosting ⟶ Domains section.
- Click on the domain name in the list and open the DNS records tab.
- Click Add record.
- Select record Type, enter the record Name, TTL, and Value. Click Add.
Resource records can be edited and deleted by selecting the appropriate item in the (⋮) record context menu.